27 Haziran 2014 Cuma

The Total Lady: Amy Dickson


Amy Dickson, the classical saxophonist, tells us how daily yoga, a NutriBullet and Armani support get her by means of the day




BY Ellen Burney |
27 June 2014


“I use weird muscle tissues,” says a single of the world’s leading classical saxophonists, the Sydney-born Amy Dickson. “Soon after standing for eight hrs every day, my back is extremely tense.” Her yoga instructor, Dipa Trivedi , visits the 31-yr-old at home in London for an hour each and every evening. “Headstands are excellent for strengthening my shoulders. Dipa’s style is much less buoyant, more earthy and grounding – a combination of hatha and conventional raja yoga. It is my meditative portion of the day: it really is fascinating for me to learn even more about breathing!”



Dickson visits Australia for three months a yr and swims in the ocean everyday. “I am really outdoorsy so there is one thing calming about that 1st wave that crashes above me: it feels like a massage.” In England, she helps make do with a massage each fortnight and sees her craniologist, Gerry Gajadharsingh , “as irregularly as possible”, she jokes. “But even when he cracks my neck I feel risk-free. He’s a genius.”


She takes her well being significantly, specially when travelling. “I’m extremely conscious that I can not get sick, but it really is a lot more difficult to get the proper nutrients when I’m away.” She uses a NutriBullet – “like a juicer but it keeps the fibre” – to make a smoothie of kale, maca powder, beetroot, ginger, sunflower seeds, linseeds and acai powder. “I will not want to be overly treasured: at property I mostly consume fish and green vegetables. Then when I am out I’m not so rigid. I adore dark and white chocolate.”


Amy’s essentials


• Lucas Papaw ointment is excellent for my lips as they get very worn out playing.


• Every single couple of months I see Ben Cooke at Lockonego in London for my hair. I will use any goods. I have attempted tons of factors and nothing at all looks significantly much better than something else.


• I’ve constantly loved designs by Armani for off- and on-stage. The cuts are absolutely amazing: straightforward and so elegant.


•My yoga teacher acquired me on to turmeric. It’s wonderful for hay fever and colds. Put a small powder in water and drink when you feel both coming on.


•I used to get truly nervous doing, then quite superstitious – I would wear the identical footwear or do the very same pre-show rituals. More than the many years I have designed affirmations as an alternative – things like, “I’ve completed this before, I can do it again.” It saves a whole lot of time!


•I’ve been employing Ren items for many years. I like its Max Moisture Focus, Vita Mineral Moisturising Cream and Frankincense Revitalising Evening Cream. The amazing Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask functions instantly.


•I read through every day. I’m a bit obsessed with the novelist and philosopher Ayn Rand, who wrote The Fountainhead, and I enjoy her writing.


Amy Dickson’s album ‘A Summer season Place’ (Sony Classical) is released on 14 July amydickson.com



The Total Lady: Amy Dickson

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder