26 Haziran 2014 Perşembe

In their personal words: Jimmy Savile"s victims "badly allow down" by the NHS

“However Savile then French kissed me … for about ten seconds.


“This created me feel very uncomfortable and I went red with embarrassment. I remember individuals had been laughing at him they seemed to uncover it funny. Savile then stood up straight and he looked at me with his eyebrows up and a grin on his face.


“He did not say anything at all to me. I remember putting my hand on his shoulder as he kissed me to brace myself, but he was like a brick wall.”


In the early 1990s, G was a medical professional working at Leeds Basic Infirmary on a paediatric ward.


She was on the ward on a Christmas Day when Savile entered the ward accompanied by two other men.


As she walked in the direction of Savile to welcome him, he lunged forward, grabbed her hand and kissed her forcibly on the mouth. He then rubbed her breasts.


Savile then turned and left the ward quickly with out speaking, leaving the doctor “stunned and repulsed”.


She recalls being supported by the ward Sister, but did not feel about making a formal complaint.


“The Sister came more than to me and mentioned ‘are you all correct?’ and I said ‘no’ and I informed her what happened… I can don’t forget the nurses saying ‘why do you feel we stayed behind here?’ [which means the nurses’ desk].


“It was nearly an acknowledgement that that was the way he behaved and it was identified by the nursing personnel, the female workers, that you hold away from that man… I do bear in mind the consultant came on [the ward] and I remember telling him as in not ‘I am reporting it to XXX’, but telling him as in ‘you’ll by no means guess what occurred to me’… once again it was extremely sympathetic… not ‘I need to have to escalate it up and speak about it’.


“It was quite supportive and that was the culture at the time. ”



In their personal words: Jimmy Savile"s victims "badly allow down" by the NHS

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder