6 Şubat 2014 Perşembe

My personal wellness is struggling as I cover for a job-share colleague with MS

Stack of folders and files on a desk.

‘Help! Absolutely everyone comes to me to get items accomplished because they know my colleague won’t do it’. Photograph: Volker Moehrke/Corbis




Twice a week we publish the difficulties that will feature in a forthcoming Dear Jeremy suggestions column in the Saturday Guardian so that readers can offer their personal suggestions and recommendations. We then print the very best of your remarks alongside Jeremy’s very own insights. Right here is the most recent dilemma – what are your ideas?


I operate for the NHS and occupation share with a individual struggling from degenerative MS. I have been in the task for practically two years and in the course of that time we have taken on far more and far more perform, and our line manager is now out of the office for three out of four days.


My colleague refuses to admit she has a difficulty, but she is clearly unable to carry out even simple duties, is extremely slow and spends most of her day producing or acquiring personalized calls and browsing the world wide web, while I run close to making an attempt to hold almost everything going.


In my line manager’s absence I have to supervise my colleague, control reception and deal with everybody coming to me to get factors completed simply because they know my colleague cannot, or will not, support.


We are each the exact same grade and I have complained numerous times to my line manager. She agrees with every little thing I say but claims her hands are tied, as she has talked about the scenario with the manager above her and no support is forthcoming.


I have informed my line manager that I am going under with tension, but even now no action has been taken. I genuinely need to have to know if I have any rights in this matter or if all rights lie with my colleague, and the best way to proceed. This is affecting my psychological wellness.


Do you need advice on a perform problem? For Jeremy’s and readers’ help, send a brief electronic mail to dear.jeremy@theguardian.com. Please note that he is unable to solution inquiries of a legal nature or reply personally.




My personal wellness is struggling as I cover for a job-share colleague with MS

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder